A look at the latest news, facts and figures on fossil fuels, pipelines, renewable energy, energy efficiency and progress on stopping the PennEast pipeline.
In the News
By: Tom Johnson, NJ Spotlight
The next step — a final Certificate — requires FERC to add a member and gain a quorum that it currently lacks. Read more.
Action Alert: Tell YOUR Elected Representatives to Reject PennEast
Send them a message TODAY.
In Other Pipeline News
- Land Clearing for Pipeline Station Angers Environmentalists – Times of Trenton
- Editorial: Stop the Pipeline Proliferation – Asbury Park Press
- Stopping The Pilgrim Pipeline Before It’s Too Late – The Bergen Record
- Why Threaten N.J. Waterways With Arsenic if PennEast Pipeline Isn’t Needed? – The Star Ledger
- Wide Support During Patriotic Rally Against PennEast – TAPInto
By: Anmar Frangoul, CNBC
Last year saw global renewable energy generation capacity increase by 161 gigawatts. By the end of 2016, the plant’s renewable energy capacity had hit an estimated 2,006 GW. Read more.
In Other Renewable Energy News
- Trump Environmental Regulation Rollbacks Unpopular by All Kinds of Numbers – The Washington Post
- China’s Climate Leadership Moment Arrives – The Washington Post
- 900 Chicago Government Buildings to Switch to Renewable Energy – CBS Chicago
By The Numbers
- 20 million
The number of people who attended the first Earth Day in 1970. Read more.
Citizens and activists who protested in Stockton against the issuance of a Final Environmental Impact Statement. Read more.
The amount (in Gigawatts) of renewable energy capacity produced in 2016. Read more.
Provide your email address below to connect with ReThink Energy NJ.
After clicking “Submit,” you will receive an email within a few minutes with links to our social media accounts. Click the links in the email to follow ReThink on your chosen social media platforms.