A look at the latest news, facts and figures on fossil fuels, pipelines, renewable energy, energy efficiency and progress on stopping the PennEast pipeline.
In the News
On February 24, the Pinelands Commission voted to approve the South Jersey Gas pipeline, which would cut through the Pinelands and violate the Comprehensive Management Plan. Here are the next steps.
WATCH: Public Opposition to South Jersey Gas Pipeline as Pinelands Commission Votes to Approve It
In Other Pipeline News
- New Jersey OKs Gas Pipeline Through Protected Pinelands – ABC News
- PennEast ‘Facts’ Need to Be Challenged – Letter – Lehigh Valley Live
- Opposition Mounts to Natural Gas Facility in Franklin – Courier News
- Voters Must Raise Issues of Clean Energy, Safe Environment – Letter – Hopewell Valley News
- Pipeline Projects in Limbo As Energy Commissioner Departs – Fortune
Landowners: Learn about your rights when approached by a pipeline company
Attend the “Landowners Forum on the Pilgrim Pipeline” Workshop
By The Pew Research Center
A new survey finds that 65% of Americans give priority to developing alternative energy sources, compared with 27% who emphasize expanded fossil fuel production. Read more.
In Other Renewable Energy News
- Wind and Solar Power Are Disrupting Electricity Systems – The Economist
- Former Trump Aide Says Wind and Solar Research Will Be Cut – TIME
- Saudis Kick Off $50 Billion Renewable Energy Plan to Cut Oil Use – Bloomberg
- Solar Jobs Soar as Maryland Prioritizes Renewable Energy – The Baltimore Sun
- Gov. Christie’s Love of Fossil Fuels Costs NJ Green Jobs – Editorial – Times of Trenton
By The Numbers
- 9 to 5
Pineland Commission’s vote to approve the South Jersey Gas pipeline through New Jersey’s sacred Pine Barrens. The fight continues.
Number of months until the election of New Jersey’s governor. Urge the candidates to support clean energy. Read more.
- More than 1 million
New Jerseyans rely on the water supplies that the PennEast pipeline will run directly under. Read more.
Provide your email address below to connect with ReThink Energy NJ.
After clicking “Submit,” you will receive an email within a few minutes with links to our social media accounts. Click the links in the email to follow ReThink on your chosen social media platforms.