Skipping Stone: Southern Reliability Link Analysis
Posted January 4, 2016
SRL Pipeline Would Increase Consumer Costs and Utility Profits Without Improving Reliability
- Expert gas analysts at Skipping Stone estimate homeowners would see rates increase by almost 7% if the costly SRL pipeline is built.
- Residents would be forced to pay the $178 million cost of the proposed 28-mile pipeline.
- NJNG does not need SRL for “resiliency.”
- Its network is already “conducive to quick repair/replacement.”
- NJNG has multiple north/south and east/west transmission pipelines covering its service area, and it obtains gas from multiple suppliers at multiple points.
- The experts conclude the only purpose of SRL is to inflate the company’s profits at the expense of ratepayers.